Over the Divide Trail Running Camps
About the camp
The goal of the Over the Divide Trail Running Camp is to experience the beautiful scenery and incredible trails offered in Rocky Mountain National Park. We want all of our participants to come looking for a weekend to get away, lace up your trail shoes and head out the door eager to explore.
Four days of running on some of the Rocky Mountain’s most beautiful trails, capped off on Saturday with the “Run the Divide” trail run, a 18 mile trail run from Bear Lake to Grand Lake, running over the Continental Divide and reaching elevation of 12,713 at Hallett Peak, the highest point.
We welcome trail runners of all experience levels to our camps. Our daily runs will be a mix of paces and distances enabling all runners to have a enjoyable experience. The final run, Over the Divide requires you to be able to run/walk, supported by staff for 18 miles. This includes carrying all food and supplies you will use on the run.
Camp will consist of daily group runs, hiking, educational sessions on nutrition, running form and economy, plus touring some of Colorado’s Finest Craft Breweries.
Our new 5 bedroom 3.5 bath luxury lodge is the base for all of our camps. The Camp is nestled right against trails in the National Forest and just minutes from Rocky Mountain National park.
Lodging : Is included in all the camp prices. All camp participants must check out of the lodge by 10 a.m. Monday.
We will also have snacks and other food available so no one will go hungry. If you have specific snacks or food you enjoy, bring those with you. If you have any specific dietary needs, please let us know so we can try our best to reasonably accomodate them.
Alcohol is allowed, but not provided. So please bring your own. Also, there are plenty of incredible breweries within driving distance of the park, if beer is your thing.
Amazing runs to Lawn Lake, and Sky Pond are always on the agenda.The cornerstone run is Run the Divide, which is on Saturday. This year we will add a trip to the famous Chautauqua Park Trailhead, and hope for a glimpse of Anton scaling a Flatiron.
We will have a daily trail run in the morning, followed by breakfast. In the afternoon, we will have another shorter trail run or also participants are encourage to hike or relax at their leisure.
On Sunday, we will Run the Divide, an 18 mile trail run from Bear Lake to Grand Lake, running over the Continental Divide and reaching elevation of 12,713 at Hallett Peak, the highest point.
The trail climbs more than 3,000 ft from Bear Lake to Flattop Mountain and Hallett Peak. You will then run across the Continental Divide and begin the descent down into Grand Lake, running along streams, beautiful trees and forest.
Our Luxury Lodge is just 1.5 hours from Denver. The location is best serviced by Denver International Airport (DEN) and there are plenty of flights daily from major cities in the United States. We encourage everyone to come in as early as possibly on Thursday morning so we can try to get in a Thursday PM run. If you wish to rent a car, Denver International Airport is serviced by all major car rental agencies.
What to bring
- Trail running shoes (Two (2) pair recommended unless you are comfortable running in wet shoes. It will also be nice to have multiple pairs of shoes to fit the terrain each day. If you run in minimal footwear you will be fine on some of the runs, but especially on Run the Divide you may need a more protective shoe.
- Running pack that will hold enough food and clothing to be out on the trails for 5+ hour runs with no resupply points.
- A couple changes of running clothes (top, bottom, underwear, socks, cap) that will cover temperatures between 50-80 degrees. Enough clothes without doing laundry while on site.
- Bottles or hydration bladder to carry on runs. We ask that you are self-supporting.
- lightweight running jacket (the smallest, lightest one you have) for those days when it’s raining, but not cold. It will be colder when we run the divide, so a nice shell is necessary.
- We recommend bringing a camera. There will be plenty of spots to take incredible photos.
- Preferred gels, bars, blocks or other foods you like to use during runs. If you have specific gels, powders you like to use, please bring them along.
- Suncreen or sun protection + Bug spray.
- A couple changes of casual clothing suitable for temps between 40-80 degrees.
Special discount only 5 days. $300.00 Space Limited
- four days lodging
- transportation to and from all runs
- educational talks and running form clinic
- photos and memories to last a lifetime.
Each session is limited to 15 participants.
Payment is due in full upon registration. All of our payments are through Paypal and you can use all major credit cards or debit cards. We do not accept checks. We do not offer refunds but do offer camp deferral’s.